Senior Enterprise Architect
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Fort Belvoir, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum has an exciting and unique opportunity for an experienced Enterprise Architect to influence the Army’s global networks and systems. You’ll focus on aligning system development efforts with the Army’s future goals for implementing leading-edge technologies including computer and communication networks; network convergence of voice, data, and video; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; modeling; electro-optics; and other technologies.
The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E) with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Influence the design and implementation of data communication networks such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks.
- Provide expert feasibility assessments of proposed designs.
- Attend design reviews and technology discussions which will need to be analyzed, filtered, and captured to support architecture development initiatives.
- Perform technical oversight and analysis of contractor approaches, designs, and documentation.
- Support Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) Artifact capture.
- Provide expert analysis of current systems and networks, and objective architecture.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver briefings, white papers, working papers, and technical analyses representing mission requirements.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelor’s degree or preferably a Master’s degree in an engineering or IT field
- 8 years of experience developing Government-owned system-of-systems architectures and designs that utilize open architecture and maximize interoperability, leverage, and the ability to source system functionality from multiple technology providers
- Cisco CCNP Enterprise or equivalent required