Senior Human Resources Manager
Full-Time | Corporate | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum seeks an experienced Human Resources professional to provide support to a growing workforce and HR function. This individual will work in close partnership with Barbaricum's Human Resources Director to lead HR initiatives, direction and culture of Barbaricum.
The Senior HR Manager will be a critical hands-on member of our Human Resources department as they develop/elevate programs related to onboarding, performance management, D&I, learning and development programs. The successful candidate will foster a diverse workplace where employees contribute to the organization to their fullest potential as well as identify opportunities to improve leadership capabilities and increase employee engagement, productivity, and retention. This individual will bring an outside-in perspective and an innovative approach to solving problems and implementing solutions.
This position is available at Barbaricum's Washington, DC headquarters, or at our office in Tampa, FL.
- Monitor real-time service levels and schedule adherence and hold the team accountable to meet and exceed performance targets.
- Collaborate with colleagues in all departments to work together with centralized staffing and play a key role in the hiring process for all employees
- Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company
- Work with leadership to harmonize site-specific priorities in alignment with overarching Barbaricum goals (e.g., diversity & inclusion, engagement, and talent management initiatives).
- Deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a high-volume workload supporting HR functions and operations leadership.
- Manage employee engagement efforts for senior leaders, client-site employees, and associates.
- Analyze, evaluate, and direct talent management strategies for each department.
- Continuously innovate HR solutions and process improvement for efficiency and accuracy.
- Lead projects, influence and obtain buy-in from stakeholders, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results using strong project management skills.
- Responsible for employee relations matters, investigations, and disciplinary processes
- Experience working in fast-moving, quickly growing organizations and have served as a trusted advisor to a leader or executive
- Accustomed to using data and insights as a guide for solutions, but balance that with empathy and alignment with company culture and principles
- Ability to investigate, analyze and develop plans for effective resolution of workplace issues
- The ability to effectively lead and influence HR teams without direct authority
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Extremely flexible, with the ability to work through stressful situations in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Suite skills
- Bachelors in related field required
- 7+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources as a strategic business partner and trusted advisor to senior executives and staff
- 4+ years in Government Contracting
- Experience in a supervisory position
- SHRM and/or PHR certification preferred
- Expert knowledge of human resources policies and procedures
- US Citizen