Senior Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA) – Department of Defense
Contingent on Contract Award | Cyber / Intelligence | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced ORSA to to provide support to the DoD's Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), which is focused on the direction, synchronization and modernization of Artificial Intelligence across the DoD enterprise. The ORSA will play a key role in delivering an information advantage to the DoD and Joint Forces by improving the DoD's ability to integrate commercial and government AI-enabled solutions, and improve the standardization of foundational DoD data essential to fielding high-performing AI-enabled capabilities in support of future DoD operations specific to the information environment.
This individual will provide subject matter expertise to support the following: Development of strategies to reduce technology and non-technology barriers to AI adoption; Ensuring relevant missions are operating consistently to identify and exploit modernization opportunities; Coordination of information flow across the Directorate and with other relevant Directorates; Management of taskers and monitoring of performance measures; Elucidation of use cases for AI; and delivering sustainable, useful, reliable AI products.
- Support Integrated Capabilities Development Teams necessary for successful completion and delivery of JCIDS products and documents
- Support the program by providing research, modeling, technical analysis, and technical writing support
- Support the modification and integration of organizational, force structure requirements, tactical wheeled vehicle and planning data requirements, and integrating current and future force structures
- Support analyses pertaining to risk management associated with warfighting capability development
- Taking structured and unstructured data and distilling the information into a cohesive analytical product for the senior military audience
- Assist in developing, assessing, analyzing, documenting, modifying, integrating, and staffing materiel requirements
- Assist in developing, assessing, analyzing, documenting, modifying, integrating, and staffing DOTMLPF related operational energy requirements
- Review, analyze and provide recommendations pertaining to the modeling and simulation analytical tools and efforts
- Identify study issues, draft study guidance and directives, monitor the conduct of ongoing studies, assess study products and provide recommendations on results of studies in support of Warfighter requirements and this component's warfighting capability development
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance required
- Masters Degree in operations research, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or statistics
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in conducting analytical studies using a variety of mathematical, statistical, and other operations research techniques to identify and define problems, develop and investigate alternative courses of action, and present findings and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to develop concise, insightful, and comprehensive products for defense intelligence
- Experience with Python, ArcGIS, and AI Techniques