Senior Service Desk Lead
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Crane, Indiana
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Senior Service Desk Lead to support the Naval Surface Warfare Crane Division with enterprise-wide Information Technology support services. This program facilitates existing and future capabilities and initiatives across Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud, and Command, Control, and Communications (C3) modernization goals aligned to NSWC’s core charges of Electronic Warfare, Expeditionary Warfare, and Strategic Missions supporting a customer base that includes the Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and US Special Operations Command.
- The Service Desk Lead is responsible for administering and supporting daily operational requirements of computer network systems including workstation, file servers, and web servers.
- Duties typically involve the installation of hardware, software, systems upgrades, network accounts, network security, and web page design, interface and updates, and local system design documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and implementing network security tools including firewalls, anti-virus, and intrusion detection services.
- Will be responsible for training staff on software applicable to their position, assisting customers with information technology, monitoring system configuration (hardware and software), and providing instruction on computers and applications.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Possess ONE of the following active certifications: CompTIA Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP, CSSLP, CISSP, ECSP or SECURE C++
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in Customer Service and Technical Support role.
- Experience in a management or team lead role within an IT Customer Service organization.
- Experience as primary point of contact for contractor’s tasking, including ability to direct a multi-disciplined team of technical experts, manage staffing and resources, develop cost and schedules estimates, provide metrics, and prepare budget and status reports.