Senior Software Developer – Naval Surface Warfare Center
Full-Time | Mission Support | Bedford, IN
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a senior-level Software Developer with experience supporting DoD Surveillance, Command & Control or Weapon Systems programs to provide support to the Maneuver, Surveillance and Engagement Division at Naval Surface Warfare Center - Crane. The Senior Software Developer will serve as the main focal point for software requirements, development plans, design, coding and integration.
This individual will work with other engineers and developers to accomplish various tasks, and work as part of a larger contract team supporting engineering, technical, and program support for software engineering and cyber engineering for expeditionary systems and product lines for the NSWC customer. This will include design, development, system integration, sensor and data fusion, data management, data mining, production, information assurance/cybersecurity, installation, rapid prototyping, Research Development Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), Configuration Management, and sustainment for Information Technology and software-centric systems.
- Facilitate development of a Software Development Plan that defines project-level software implementation processes, requirements, design, constructs, integrations, and associated testing software and firmware
- Produce, derive, and document software and firmware requirements
- Clearly define and document interfaces to the component level including interfaces down to the element level, and any external interfaces, and maintain them under configuration control
- Define functional, logical, and physical interfaces
- Identify interfaces with any proprietary or vendor-unique standards and the resultant logistics impact
- Identify the interface and data exchange standards between the component, element or system and the interconnectivity or underlying information exchange medium
- Provide subject matter expertise in the coding of software and firmware resulting in a Software Application that is composed of source code, installation scripts and dependencies, required libraries, and executable binary files
- Assist in documenting software releases and component interfaces through a Software Version Description (SVD), identifying content by version identification, a summary of the changes implemented to create this release from the previous release, open problems, closed problems, compatibility between versions and subcomponents, installation procedures, operating environment, development environment, list of components included in the release and notes and assumptions
- Design, develop, document, and execute software and firmware tests at all stages of the software engineering and implementation process
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required
- Master's degree in Computer, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Computer Science or Mathematics with field of concentration in computer science OR a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 20 years of experience providing software engineering support to Navy/DoD customers
- 10+ years’ experience developing software for DoD Surveillance, Command and Control, or Weapon Systems using Agile or other software development methodologies
- Experience developing software for Linux OS including C, C++, and Java languages at a minimum
- Database design and implementation knowledge leveraging SQL, MySQL, and Oracle databases