Senior Strategic Communications Lead
Full-Time | Integrated Communications | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Senior Strategic Communications Lead to provide client-facing communications support to the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE). This role directly supports the EERE Communications Director and EERE federal Media Leads.
The Senior Strategic Communications Lead will provide client-facing communications support to EERE and directly support the Deputy Assistant Secretary (DAS) for one of EERE's four pillars: Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy, Sustainable Transportation, and Operations.
- Act as a liaison between the Deputy Assistant Secretary (DAS) and Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Technology Offices on all external and internal communications activities and products, events, and DAS speaking engagements.
- Facilitate Technology Office participation in DOE and EERE internal communications approval processes for public-facing materials.
- Work with the Technology Offices to develop comprehensive amplification plans for public announcements, including media, congressional, and stakeholder outreach strategies.
- Draft, review, and edit a wide range of external and internal communication products, with a focus on distilling technical, scientific information and crafting the piece into a compelling and palatable story while incorporating departmental and EERE topline messaging into the product.
- Assist with the EERE public announcement process and media inquiries, pitching, and interviews.
- Help plan and execute EERE-hosted events pertaining to the relevant EERE pillar, including creating a plan and schedule, an event run of show, the participant and public invites, scripts, and all associated press and collateral materials (including digital and multimedia) for the event.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Experience with renewable energy required
- General understanding of EERE technologies, programs, and initiatives
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning
- Strong writing/editing skills
- Experience managing media relations
- Speechwriting, digital content creation, and project/process management experience