Senior System Engineering Manager
Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Senior System Engineering Manager to provide support to a DoD research and development (R&D) program. This individual is responsible for all aspects of the Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test process, adhering to the DoD Systems Engineering process and principles as applied to DoD R&D programs and middle tier of acquisition rapid prototyping programs. This Senior System Engineering Manager will work effectively as a team member on a variety of engineering and acquisition disciplines and topics.
- Develop DoD Systems Engineering supporting documentation, e.g, SEMPs, TEMPs, and a variety of DID formatted documents, e.g., DODAF, ICDs, SDDs, etc.
- Develop DoD 5000 compliant technical documentation and briefings to support engineering reviews (CDR); Other Transaction Authority (OTA) prototyping/production decisions; Developmental and Operational testing; and formal DoD milestone reviews (MS B/MS C/FRP).
- Support internal program configuration control / management board processes and procedures.
- Interface with USG / PMO technical support engineers / staff during systems engineer processes; generate technical responses to USG inquiries.
- Support all facets of the DoD Systems Engineering process execution to provide a structured approach to increasing the technical maturity of the system and increasing the likelihood that the capability being developed balances mission performance with cost, schedule, risk, and design constraints.
- Execute and mature the Systems Engineering Management Plan and the supporting Systems Engineering activities over the lifecycle, e.g., requirements development, systems engineering, design, integration, cost estimating, risk management, schedule tracking, test and evaluation, issue management, sustainment, etc.
- Oversee system level and subsystem level subcontractor hardware trade studies in support of design capture, decomposition, and refinement of technical / program requirements.
- Support Systems Integration Lab establishment and effectiveness for baseline configuration management activities.
- Support, represent, and collaborate on developmental and operational evaluations, assessments, and tests; generate field test reports and interface with the PMO and broader test community, as applicable.
- Active DoD Secret clearance adjudicated within the last 5 years
- At least 10+ years’ experience in DoD research and developmental programs; prefer experience in at least one ACAT 1D program
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in programs employing OTA contracts
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or engineering field required
- Completed Level 3 DoD Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering (SPRDE) Certification
- Ability to quickly perform a variety of Systems Engineering functions with minimal guidance.
- Ability to effectively brief stakeholders on technical and Systems Engineering disciplines using strong written and verbal communication skills