Software Engineer – US Navy
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Washington, DC
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Positions also available in Crane, Indiana and Naval Air Station Patuxent River in Maryland.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to provide support to an upcoming contract with the Digital Integration Support Cell (DISC) for the Navy. The Software Engineer will work with a team of Cyber Security Analysts, Systems Engineers, and Facilities Engineers to provide research, development, and engineering to upgrade legacy facilities and technologies in support of Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Navy platforms.
- Test and analyze existing, unmodified software simulations and recommend modifications for enhancements, or develop new simulations associated with facility and laboratory technology system integration
- Applying engineering principles, provide data analysis, and design, develop, integrate, test, and deploy products that meet the needs of stakeholders
- Perform system hardening and cyber security to include disabling vulnerable ports and stopping unnecessary services, removing irrelevant features of the Operating System (OS), uninstalling unnecessary and vulnerable software, changing default settings and removing unnecessary features and applications, and verifying that each system’s security configurations are set properly and that the OS software, firmware, and applications are up to date
- Continually assess and update the system hardening process, which shall evolve constantly, to provide maximum automation and modernization
- Conduct testing during hardening of the systems to prevent critical impacts and update the hardening to include new patches or software versions in the standard configuration to avoid the addition of a similar system in the future that contains previously identified vulnerabilities
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- 5-12 years of relevant experience