Strategic Communications Specialist – DoD Research and Engineering
Full-Time | Mission Support | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced communications professional to provide support to a program under the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Research and Engineering. Specifically, this individual will support Education and Workforce Development initiatives for the Department of Defense’s Manufacturing Technology Program and associated Manufacturing Innovation Institutes which seek to ensure robust, secure, resilient, and innovative manufacturing industrial capabilities upon which DoD can rely to fulfill Warfighter requirements. This Specialist will plan, develop and implement communication campaigns to build awareness, and promote and educate the work being done in support of nationwide manufacturing technology Education and Workforce Development.
- Develop a communications plan that identifies at a minimum the key messages, audience(s), distribution methods and the associated tools and tactics that will be used to promote the initiative, along with key performance indicators (KPI) that can provide detailed measurement of communications activities.
- Implement the approved tools and tactics identified in the communications plan and recommend and manage an integrated approach to content marketing including developing compelling content for the right audience and the right channel to impact stated objectives.
- Measure and report on content performance against KPIs, recommending adjustments as needed to increase search engine optimization (SEO), expand reach, and attract target audiences.
- Develop social content that supports the program’s initiatives and goals.
- Develop content for partners/stakeholders to share through digital channels and provide writing and editing expertise for a variety of documents in support of communication activities.
- Direct, manage, and ensure on-time completion of deliverables, and deliver a monthly status reports on the program’s activities.
- Provide project management to ensure accountability for deliverables, project and client contact as well as executing and overseeing all aspects of the communications and research campaign.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of communications
- At least three years of experience leading and managing complex communications initiatives
- Demonstrated understanding of and background in workforce development, career and technical education, credentialing, and training and development, with the ability to identify stakeholders and key audiences.
- Knowledge of defense industrial base and/or manufacturing, and/or previous support to OSD-level initiatives strongly desired