Technical Project Manager
Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Chantilly, VA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Technical Project Manager, who will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient execution against the technical requirements of our projects. The Technical Project Manager will be tracking progress on everything involved in and related to your team. You will also be in charge of anticipating and removing roadblocks to reduce friction. This role requires learning technical concepts quickly, strong project management skills, and the ability to effectively engage with the customer and other key external stakeholders. As the Technical Project Manager, you will work with customers, developers, and product teams to see projects through to completion.
- Liaise between teams of engineers and customers to drive successful product deliverables, as defined by adherence to scope, resources, and timeline.
- Monitor project progress continuously and watch for projects heading off-course, upcoming roadblocks, or deadlines in jeopardy.
- Communicate proactively with all stakeholders (e.g. product support, implementation team, business owners) to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Create detailed status reports on measurable items, such as milestones, deliverables, and risk.
- Develop detailed project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals, while coordinating business and technical personnel during all project phases from initial development through implementation.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance that has been adjudicated within the past five years
- Project management experience and ability to manage a project against key timelines and milestones with high attention to detail
- Product support/software testing or related experience and/or Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Experience managing a team of engineers and engaging with product teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to understand and communicate software architecture decisions to external stakeholders and create technical documentation
- Ability to understand and communicate software architecture decisions to external stakeholders
- Ability to understand product strategy and ensure it is implemented properly on your team
- Code management/collaboration experience (key tools include Jira, GitHub Enterprise)