Telecommunications Engineering Specialist
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Telecommunications Engineering Specialist to support the mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E). The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged PdM P2E with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment. Support and services performed under this contract include administration, operations, logistics, engineering, knowledge management, information technology, and program management support to PdM P2E.
- Assists with preparing the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Assists with preparing or managing the project schedule as a SME for assigned projects.
- Assists with management of a Network Capability Set contract that will modernize the NIPR, SIPR, JWICS, and other networks, etc.
- Assists with preparing Acquisition Requirements Packages as a SME.
- Review System Design Plans, Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews, Final Design Reviews and Engineering Implementation Plans presented by integrators. Makes comments on behalf of the USG for consideration by the IPT Leader.
- Assists with monitoring of integrator work performance and reports findings to a USG QA/QC representative or the USG IPT Leader.
- Reviews Engineering Change Requests for accuracy and feasibility; makes recommendations to the USG IPT Leader.
- Develops comprehensive IGCE date.
- Researches materials and builds comprehensive LOMs with pricing source date.
- Leads change and configuration management of assigned projects. · Collaborate/discuss and document technical requirements, technical risks/issues/opportunities with other team members and external stakeholder (i.e. ISEC, implementation contractor, DISA, NETCOM Europe, EUCOM, AFRICOM, USAREUR, USARAF).
- Provide subject matter expertise in the assigned engineering discipline, attend meetings as required by project lead and address Requests for Information (RFIs) concerning technical requirements and the technical implementation of projects.
- Assist with technical support, to include providing assistance for life cycle cost analysis, work breakdown structure, plans and programs, or any other PMLC IPT deliverable; prepare written inputs/comments for any technical review or discussion.
- Analyze project documentation (i.e. plans, diagrams/drawings, schedules, matrices, registers, charters, concurrence memorandums, support agreements, and strategies) to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with applicable industry, military and theater standards.
- Conduct site surveys, evaluate technical aspect of all phases of the project work and document observations, recommendations and deficiencies.
- Determine the appropriate configurations of multiple hardware or software components of information systems or telecommunications networks to deliver stated levels of performance, interoperability, and maintenance support within the known constraints of the PM’s or agency’s IT infrastructure.
- Make recommendations on the use of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) technology; apply a structured methodology to assist in evaluating and selecting COTS hardware, software, and services to meet the Project Managers’ specific requirements; and adjust the methodology, when warranted, including prototypes and pilots to address risk.
- Analyze periodic reports and briefings for accuracy, relevance and completeness i.e. daily, weekly and monthly project status reports. Review and comment on CDRLs submitted by IT contractors.
- Provide quality assurance checks to IT implementation project sites throughout the Europe AOR, ensure that the contractor is meeting contractual requirements and adhering to local policies.
- Assist logistician with identifying and inventorying project and office equipment.
- Assist in developing strategic plans with Information Technology (IT) enterprise goals and objectives that are focused and aligned to agency/Command/PM mission goals and objectives and with clearly defined near-term, mid-term, and long-term initiatives.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Must demonstrate proficiency with computer-aided drawing software, e.g. AutoCAD