Telecommunications Engineering Specialist
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Fort Belvoir, VA
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Senior Telecommunications Engineering Specialist to support the mission of implementing global high speed data transmission technologies for the Army.
The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged the Product Manager Power Project Enablers (PdM P2E) with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment.
- Perform as a subject matter expert (SME) for network/transport systems. Provide technical expertise in matters of transport, installation and implementation for delivery of a global network infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable of commercial and military standards and best practices applicable to Army communication sites.
- Make recommendations on the use of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) technology; apply a structured methodology to assist in evaluating and selecting COTS hardware, software, and services to meet specific requirements; and adjust the methodology, when warranted, including prototypes and pilots to address risk.
- Analyze project documentation (i.e. plans, diagrams/drawings, schedules, matrices, registers, charters, concurrence memorandums, support agreements, and strategies) to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with applicable industry, military and theater standards. Execute site surveys if required.
- Assist with worldwide site planning and preparation activities.
- Support vendor systems testing including reviewing test plans, procedures, reports; developing test scenarios; and witnessing testing.
- Ability to perform Quality Assurance (Q/A) functions on behalf of the Government.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver briefings, white papers, working papers, and technical analyses representing the position of P2E mission requirements.
- Attend working groups, design reviews, and technology discussions which will need to be analyzed, filtered, and captured.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or science-related field; preferably a Master’s degree in a science-related field.
- 8 years of related experience with Federal or DoD systems including LAN, WAN, and FON technologies.
- Cisco CCNP Security certification, or equivalent.