Weekend Media Analyst – Department of Veterans Affairs
Part-Time | Integrated Communications | Remote
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum seeks a reliable Media Analyst to provide traditional and social media monitoring/analysis services to the Department of Veterans Affairs. This individual will utilize open-source research skills to search hundreds of media outlets, identify news stories most important to the client, and compile clips reports and media analysis briefings for early morning delivery. Barbaricum trains analysts on cutting-edge software tools to assist with research in both traditional and social media. Media analysts work independently to manage report production, including formatting, editing, and sending reports/alerts directly to public affairs personnel and senior leadership at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Note: The position is an overnight position, starting at 11pm.
- BS/BA degree
- Must have demonstrated open-source research skills to search hundreds of media outlets to identify those news articles most important to the client
- Must possess strong writing and editing skills to produce concise summaries of news topics with minimal formatting or grammar errors
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Proven experience analyzing large sets of data and concisely summarizing and relevant reports
- Must be reliable and able to meet firm deadlines for product submission
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have fast and reliable internet connection at home workspace to guarantee uninterrupted daily product delivery to the client
- Must be willing to do overnight shift work
- Familiarity with Department of Veterans Affairs policies, procedures and current issues preferred