Contingent on Contract Award | Cyber / Intelligence | Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum seeks a Data Analyst who will be seated at Camp Humphries, South Korea, to support the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM), integrating with other analysts and engineers to provide data science services and solutions. This program will support INSCOM as is it modernizes and transforms to support Multi-Domain Operations (MDO) objectives required for large-scale combat operations (LSCO) to enable commanders to see farther, understand sooner, and share wider than ever before. The team will provide support for the digital strategy to consolidate separate staff-managed digital services under an Army Intelligence Enterprise (AIE) service delivery activity. The team will be tasked with administering products and services required by INSCOM to provide value for the Army Intelligence mission by applying data science approaches to intelligence problems to support commander decisions.
- Apply statistics, machine learning and analytic approaches to answer key intelligence questions, producing results and re-usable products that provide real value to Intelligence Analysts.
- Work with analysts to interpret analytic results and refine analysis as needed.
- Apply machine learning techniques to identify and transform data features, find hidden patterns and trends, build and optimize classifiers, create automated anomaly detection systems, and automate steps of the intelligence process.
- Evaluate statistical models to determine the validity of analyses, implement evaluated models into production by collaborating with software developers, periodically re-evaluate and refine machine learning models being used in production.
- Coordinate between Intelligence Analysts and Data Scientists to refine and implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Work with Data Scientists to develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy to ensure the model deployment and maintenance is taken into consideration for the lifecycle of the model.
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers, analysts and other stakeholders and shall provide information regarding dataset applicability to the stakeholder’s mission and for the intelligence community.
- Collaborate with Intelligence Analysts to understand needs and devise possible solutions.
- Document all processes, models and activities by developing, documents, and implement a configuration management plan for data sets to ensure that the application will be able to obtain an authority to operate (ATO). This plan shall be used to control changes due to stakeholder’s intelligence functional requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with latest data science tradecraft and technology.
- Curate and collect the data from a variety of traditional and non-traditional sources: extract data from sources, transform and integrate data in line with existing data, and load data into data stores for access by others.
- BS in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related discipline with a minimum 1 year of experience OR AA in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related discipline with 3 years of experience.
- Documented proficiency with R or Python, and SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large and small data sets.
- Documented experience implementing a variety of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and knowledge of their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Documented experience implementing statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and applications.
- Documented experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders.
- Documented experience with MS Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Documented experience with AWS, in particular products related to: analytics, compute, database, developer tools, and machine learning.
- Skilled with data retrieval and storage, visualization and warehousing, and extract-transform-load (ETL) processes.
- Knowledge of database solutions including SQL, NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB) and graph (e.g. Neo4j).
- Knowledge of data visualization tools, such as D3.js, ggplot, Bokeh, etc.
- Ability to translate an intelligence problem into a Data Science problem, and to work with the Intelligence Analysts and ACE Chief to refine understanding of the problem.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with several ongoing concurrent projects; able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of leadership.
- Driven to learn and master new technologies and techniques; desire to maintain currency on latest industry trends including completing additional training; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge; able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions; strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on production for re-use.
- Goal-oriented, encouraging to team and staff; comfortable as a team-player, leader and mentor.
- Five years intelligence analysis experience is desired (MOS 35/350 series or other DoD/IC equivalent)