Contingent on Contract Award | Cyber / Intelligence | Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum seeks a Data Engineer who will be seated at Camp Humphries, South Korea, to support the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM), integrating with other engineers and analysts to provide data science services and solutions. This program will support INSCOM as is it modernizes and transforms to support Multi-Domain Operations (MDO) objectives required for large-scale combat operations (LSCO) to enable commanders to see farther, understand sooner, and share wider than ever before. The team will provide support for the digital strategy to consolidate separate staff-managed digital services under an Army Intelligence Enterprise (AIE) service delivery activity. The team will be tasked with administering products and services required by INSCOM to provide value for the Army Intelligence mission by applying data science approaches to intelligence problems to support commander decisions.
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition, identify relevant data sources and sets and shall provide data system enhancements as required, including but not limited to product reformatting and data quality assessments to support the acquisition of new datasets.
- Design, develop, test and manage the overall architecture that helps analyze and process data in accordance with unit’s SOPs, TTPs and other such templates.
- Integrate external or new datasets into existing data pipelines.
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity, accuracy, completeness, and uniformity of data and system enhancements.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques and perform all network administration and data system operations (e.g., computer and peripheral device operations, system backups) and any related operations associated with data acquisition, data maintenance, maintaining and updating metadata, and other data and information services for stakeholders.
- Develop, construct, test and maintain databases.
- Build data and analytics tools that will offer deeper insight into the pipeline, allowing for critical discoveries surrounding key performance indicators and customer activity.
- Recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality: evaluate, compare and improve the different approaches including design patterns innovation, data lifecycle design, data ontology alignment, annotated datasets, and elastic search approaches.
- Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged.
- Document all processes, models and activities to ensure that the application created will receive an authority to operate (ATO).
- Maintain currency with latest tradecraft and technology.
- Work closely with systems architects, data scientists, and analysts to direct and optimize the flow of data within the pipeline and ensure consistency of data delivery and use across multiple projects.
- Curate and collect the data from a variety of traditional and non-traditional sources: extract data from sources, transform and integrate data in line with existing data, and load data into data stores for access by others.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent field with at least 4 years of experience conducting work relevant to the specific labor category
- Experience within the last 2 years in a similar data engineer role.
- OR, AA in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent field and 6 years of experience in a similar data engineer role.
- Two years of experience handling databases and software development is preferred.
- Data pipeline/workflow management tools such as but not limited to Apache NIFI, Apache Kafka, Azkaban and Airflow and cloud services such as AWS, EC2, EMR, RDS and Redshift.
- Know basics of algorithms and data structures, distributed computing, Hadoop cluster management, HDFS, MapReduce, stream-processing solutions such as Storm or Spark, big data querying tools, frameworks, messaging systems, and big data toolkits.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Knowledge of ETL tools, data APIs, data modeling, and data warehousing solutions. R, Python, Ruby, C++, Perl, Java, SAS, SPSS, and Matlab.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to project manage and work with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with enterprises to develop processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with several ongoing concurrent projects; able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of leadership.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques; desire to maintain currency on latest industry trends including completing additional training; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge; able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions; strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on production for re-use.
- Goal-oriented, encouraging to team and staff; comfortable as a team-player, leader and mentor.
- MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent field and 5+ years of experience in a similar data engineer role
- Five years intelligence analysis experience is desired (MOS 35/350 series or other DoD/IC equivalent)