Junior Intelligence Analyst – Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Full-Time | Mission Support | Washington, DC
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum seeks an Intelligence Analyst to provide support to a DHS customer. Specifically, Analysts will support the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office of Information Analysis Directorate and Strategy Plans and Policy Directorate at DHS with the goal of enhancing the Department’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction. The CWMD office within DHS is responsible for coordinating with other Federal efforts and developing a strategy and policy for the Department to plan for, detect, and protect against the importation, possession, storage, transportation, development, or use of unauthorized chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear materials, devices, or agents in the United States and to protect against an attack using such materials, devices, or agents against the people, territory, or interests of the United States.
Within the CWMD office, Analysts will support the Threat Warning and Illumination and Targeting Support branches.
- Responsible for executing complex in-depth WMD threat analysis to produce products (papers, presentations and reports) to inform senior DHS leadership, DHS Components and other federal, state and local homeland security customers for the purposes of: Identifying and understanding WMD Homeland threats and providing recommendations to respond to, mitigate and disrupt such threats.
- Serve as production or overall author for individual reports and projects.
- Responsible for supporting customer efforts developing and fostering relationships to facilitate coordination and collaboration with DHS and other USG/Intelligence Community partners at the analyst level.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance required
- BA/BS degree in relevant field (MA/MS preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in intelligence analysis
- Possess a strong base of experience and depth of skills in intelligence systems and tools and have relevant experience in national, command, or law enforcement intelligence.
- Previous experience with CBRN/WMD-related intelligence.