Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | San Diego, CA
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to provide support to the Command and Control (C2) Systems Division within Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific. NIWC Pacific provides systems engineering, software development, maintenance, integration, test, and life-cycle support for a wide range of Navy, Joint, and National C4I systems. This contract will support the transition of software products from a Capability-Based-In Service Engineering Activity model to a Development, Security, and Operations (DevSecOps) model of service.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics and 3 years of technical experience at the systems-level in DoD projects; or extensive (10-plus years) engineering experience in DoD systems.
- Experience with engineering in Navy C4I systems.
- Strong Linux/UNIX knowledge (including scripting: bash/perl/python/ruby)
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL solutions: Postgres EDB highly desirable
- Experience with J2EE and SOA based designs
- Experience developing work plans and estimates as they relate to systems integration work tasks and team members
- Experience implementing tests to verify proper system operation
- Experience with drafting technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents N66001-22-R-3503 3
- Experience with a Cloud Based Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline within a DevSecOps construct using Enterprise toolsets to automate the building, software quality / Cyber Security scanning, and deployment to the target platform.
- Experience in Navy Platform as a Service (Paas) offerings to manage all platform operations: Red Hat OpenShift is highly desirable
- Experience with the containerization of legacy capabilities and the development of containers for new capabilities: Docker is highly desirable