Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Panama City, FL
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to provide support to a Navy customer based at Naval Surface Warfare Center – Panama City. The Technical Writer will work with a team of Electrical, Communications, Information Assurance and Aerospace Engineers, Logistic Specialists, Technical Writers, and Test Specialists to provide research, analysis, planning, engineering, assessments, development, and integration of software products (including firmware and embedded software components within hardware systems) that are compatible and interoperable with existing systems. This team will lead efforts contributing to the development and sustainment of small unmanned aerial systems to meet the margining needs of the warfight as well as various intelligence organizations.
- Perform analysis and develop recommendations for Government approval for development, review, and updates to technical documentation and associated lists. Documentation may consist of engineering drawings, parts lists, specifications, technical reports, technical manuals, design documentation, technical data packages, failure reports, engineering change documentation, test plans, test reports, and temporary alteration packages.
- Assist in collecting and organizing information for preparation of user manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
- Edit functional descriptions, system specifications, user manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Professional/Technical Writing or related field