Full-Time | Cyber / Intelligence | Tampa, FL
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 13 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nations' most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking an all-purpose Data Engineer with competencies in full-stack development to support assessments of a web-based social media program in Tampa, FL. The Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing software applications, data models, and databases in support of program assessment strategies as they relate to both individual/team performance and the overall fulfillment of program objectives. The work environment is fast-paced, fluid, and highly collaborative, but requires candidates with skillsets to complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Design and develop software applications, data models, and databases with Python and SQL
- Develop programming and methods to integrate, transform, migrate and visualize data in order to gain insights and identify hidden trends
- Routinely uses Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, and Python to develop charts, graphs, geographic imagery, and dashboards to exhibit patterns and anomalies in data
- Leverages Python libraries including pandas, matplotlib, os, and NumPy for all Python-related development involving scripting, application development, data analysis, and data integration
- Leverages SQL to query many relational databases to derive relevant insight and information to aid in key areas including: data integration, analysis, reporting, and client delivery
- Consults with the client on mission-critical infrastructure and how it integrates with the client’s goals and mission
- Coordinates the acquisition and installation of program software requirements
- Produces and presents executive quantitative and qualitative assessment reports on regular and ad-hoc bases
- Creates technical documentation and diagrams using Microsoft Visio to provide detailed technical depictions of ERDs, mission-critical infrastructure, applications, data models, and data pipelines
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and Economics or related highly quantitative field
- 3+ years of related professional experience
- Ability to apply advanced analytics capabilities to derive insights from a combination of unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data
- Demonstrable experience programming in Python and SQL
- Knowledge of Excel and data visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills