Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Pyeongtaek, South Korea
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to support the mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E). The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged PdM P2E with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment. Support and services performed under this contract include administration, operations, logistics, engineering, knowledge management, information technology, and program management support to PdM P2E.
- Assist in developing strategic plans with Information Technology (IT) enterprise goals and objectives focused and aligned to agency/Command/PM mission goals and objectives and with clearly defined near-term, mid-term, and long-term initiatives.
- Be proficient at applying the applicable government and industry standards for the engineering discipline applicable to the project
- Collaborate/discuss and document technical requirements, technical risks/issues/opportunities with other team members and external stakeholders.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the assigned engineering discipline, attend meetings as required by project lead and address Requests for Information (RFIs) concerning technical requirements and the technical implementation of projects.
- Assist with technical support, to include providing assistance for life cycle cost analysis, work breakdown structure, plans and programs, or any other PMLC IPT deliverable; prepare written inputs/comments for any technical review or discussion.
- Analyze project documentation (i.e. plans, diagrams/drawings, schedules, matrices, registers, charters, concurrence memorandums, support agreements, and strategies) to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with applicable industry, military and theater standards.
- Conduct site surveys, evaluate technical aspect of all phases of the project work and document observations, recommendations and deficiencies.
- Determine the appropriate configurations of multiple hardware or software components of information systems or telecommunications networks to deliver stated levels of performance, interoperability, and maintenance support within the known constraints of the PM’s or agency’s IT infrastructure.
- Make recommendations on the use of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) technology; apply a structured methodology to assist in evaluating and selecting COTS hardware, software, and services to meet the Project Managers’ specific requirements; and adjust the methodology, when warranted, including prototypes and pilots to address risk.
- Prepare a Logical List of Materials (LOM) for each specific project to be inserted into the Acquisition Packet.
- Analyze periodic reports and briefings for accuracy, relevance and completeness i.e. daily, weekly and monthly project status reports.
- Review and comment on CDRLs submitted by IT contractors.
- Provide quality assurance checks to IT implementation project sites throughout the PAC AOR, ensure that the contractor is meeting contractual requirements and adhering to local policies.
- Assist logistician with identifying and inventorying project and office equipment
- Assist in developing strategic plans with Information Technology (IT) enterprise goals and objectives that are focused and aligned to agency/Command/PM mission goals and objectives and with clearly defined near-term, mid-term, and long-term initiatives.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years of relevant experience