Senior Network Engineer
Contingent on Contract Award | Mission Support | Crane, Indiana
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 14 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to support the Naval Surface Warfare Crane Division with enterprise-wide Information Technology support services. This program facilitates existing and future capabilities and initiatives across Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud, and Command, Control, and Communications (C3) modernization goals aligned to NSWC’s core charges of Electronic Warfare, Expeditionary Warfare, and Strategic Missions supporting a customer base that includes the Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and US Special Operations Command.
- Will be responsible for supporting daily operational requirements of computer network systems including workstation, file servers, and web servers.
- Day to day duties will typically involve the installation of hardware, software, systems upgrades, network accounts, network security, and web page design, interface and updates, and local system design documentation.
- Position includes knowledge of maintaining, troubleshooting, and implementing network security tools including firewalls, anti-virus, and intrusion detection services.
- Will be responsible for training staff members on software applicable to their position, assist customers with information technology, monitors system configuration (hardware and software), and provides instruction on computers and applications.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance required
- Master's level degree in electrical/electronic/computer engineering, computer science, or information systems preferred
- Must hold valid Cisco Certified Network Professional certification
- Possess ONE of the following active certifications: CompTIA Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP, CSSLP, CISSP, ECSP or SECURE C++
- Five years of professional experience in design, implementation, and operation of a geographically dispersed network
- Two years professional experience with Cisco Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Two years of professional experience in designing, implementing, and operating a network infrastructure to a Cloud environment