Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 15 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC’s historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation’s most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Web and Digital Interface Designer to provide support to an active USSTRATCOM program at Offutt Air Force Base near Omaha, Nebraska.
This individual will support the Command’s need for responsive and effective web-based design support. The individual will work collaboratively with STRATCOM’s Intelligence Directorate analysts and Barbaricum data engineers and data scientists to understand requirements and further enhance and convey analytic thoughts and assessments by developing interactive web-based solutions. This developer supports a team of data professionals building and enabling advanced threat warning systems for Intelligence Community customers.
- Provide user experience and user interface expertise for development of interactive graphics and web products by building wireframes and storyboards to conceptualize design
- Define visual elements, product elements, and overall design
- Evaluate and set best practices and standards
- Work with Government managers and team to define user flows and sitemaps
- Measure human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design
- Perform and implement user research for surveys and feedback
- Create and implement interaction models and user interface specifications
- Collaborate on scenarios, end-to-end experiences, and screen designs
- Conduct user testing of applications, software, and websites
- Work and support engineering, front-end, and back-end developers as needed
- Utilize Government-specified technology to produce graphic design, cartographic products, and interactive graphical content, video content, analytic product templates, and marketing content
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance required
- 8+ years of experience providing the following: user experience and user interface expertise for development of interactive graphics and web products; building wireframes and storyboards to conceptualize design; determine timeline and deliverables; defining visual elements, product elements, and overall design; evaluating and set best practices and standards; working with leadership and teams to define user flows and sitemaps; measuring human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design; performing and implementing user research for surveys and feedback; creating and implementing interaction models and user interface specifications; collaborating on scenarios, end-to-end experiences, and screen designs; conducting user testing of applications, software, and websites; and working with front-end and back-end developers
- 8+ years of experience using technology to produce interactive graphical content, video content, analytic product templates, marketing content, and graphic design and cartographic products
- Experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques